At Goose Green we are working towards a Mastery approach in the way teach Maths. This includes:
- Inclusivity of all pupils, including those with special educational needs
- Children acquiring skills (as opposed to the teacher exhibiting or teaching a formula) that will develop a deep, long-term, secure and adaptable understanding of the subject.
- Use of concrete and pictorial representations to build on a child’s existing understanding and provide a framework to support progression onto abstract frameworks like fractions.
- Balancing instant recall with reasoning skills.
- Teaching a topic of Maths over a longer period taking small steps
|Year 1 and 2||Explanation||Activity|
|Year 3 and 4||Explanation||Activity|
|Year 5 and 6||Explanation||Activity|