Sport Relief 2018
Sport Relief starts next week and Goose Green are hoping to raise lots of money for this great charity! The whole school will be running the length of the London Underground twice! Why twice you may ask? The London underground is 250 miles long, there are approximately 500 pupils and staff, so together we are all running a mile each! We also have some other fun activities planned:
- Wednesday 21 March the Nursery will be able to wear sports clothes for £1
- Friday 23 March the whole school will be able to wear sports clothes for £1
- Teachers v Students table tennis tournament
- Cross bar challenge
- We will be selling Sport Relief wrist bands in the office £1
Members of staff will be in the playground in the morning and afternoon with buckets for any donations.
We believe everyone deserves the right to live happier, healthier and safer lives. However you choose to get active for Sport Relief, we use the money you raise to tackle critical issues affecting people across the UK and the world.
Since last Sport Relief, your money has done incredible things, including...
- Treated over 900,000 people across Africa with anti-malarial drugs.
- Helped over 3.4 million people in Africa through maternal, neonatal and child health funding.
- Helped more than 50,000 people, in the UK, living with a mental health problem.