Our Local Governing Body
Goose Green Primary and Nursery School is operated by the Communitas Education Trust. Goose Green’s own Local Governing Body is responsible to the Trust for the strategic direction of the school.
The role of the governing board is a strategic one with three key functions:
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
The majority of these functions are managed through the three committees:
- Operations & Staffing: responsible for finance, premises and staffing
- Curriculum: responsible for teaching and learning
- Performance & Standards: responsible for monitoring progress and attainment
The school’s full Local Governing Body meets once a term to monitor the impact of the committees and the delivery of the School Development Plan.
In addition to the committees, each governor has a link role for a specific area of the school. Link governors are responsible for reviewing their specific areas of the school’s work and reporting back to the committees or full Local Governing Body.
You can contact any of the Goose Green Primary and Nursery School Governors via the Chair of Governors. You can do this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the school office.
Governors' Blog: 13th December 2019
A big thank you to all the parents and carers who joined Mr Wattam and me for our update meetings on the morning of...