FOGGS: Friends of Goose Green School
There are many members of the school community who help make the efforts of FOGGS such a success - all are welcome, and you can contribute as little or as much time and effort as you want.
We run lots of fun events and our key aim is to help build an inclusive and friendly community for parents, carers, teachers, and the local community.
New Chair(s) Urgently Needed for FOGGS to Continue
In order for FOGGS to carry on supporting the school and hosting its community events, new Chairs are required (starting in January).
Role description – FOGGS Chair(s)
The basic responsibility of the Chair(s) is to carry out the aims of our PTA, which is called Friends of Goose Green Primary School (FOGGS). The two key aims are:
- To help build an inclusive and friendly community for parents, carers, teachers, and the local community
- To raise much needed extra funds to support the school in looking after the education, enrichment and well-being of our children
This involves the following:
- Provide leadership of the committee and ensure that it works to the constitution of FOGGS
- Draw up an annual programme of events and activities and manage communication of the programme to parents and teachers
- Be a point of contact for parents and the school – liaise between the two when necessary. This includes, but is not limited to: managing requests for funds and ensuring agreement on how money raised should be spent & general parental feedback on all issues that are school related
- Chair regular FOGGS meetings and set the agenda. Make sure that everyone gets to have a voice and the opportunity to take part in decision making
- Oversee the organising of FOGGS events – main ones being Summer Carnival, Christmas Fair & International Evening – ensure these are as inclusive as possible.
- Ensure that FOGGS adheres to charity commission guidelines
- Liaise with the trustees when necessary
- Look for new fundraising opportunities
- Work closely with the Secretary and the Treasurers on Committee activities, including financial reporting requirements
We raise thousands of pounds each year to support the school in looking after the education, enrichment and well-being of our children. Our key fundraising aim is to raise money to help develop the school playground – with the aim to create more space to play, have fun, make friends, learn, laugh, listen and take a break.
We have two specific fundraising initiatives within the playground fundraising work:
- The Green Screen – to install a ‘green screen’ of pre-grown ivy across the entire boundary fence along Grove Vale – proven to dramatically reduce pollution. Please contact us for more information on how to get involved and how to donate
- And the Pavilion (more information to follow soon – but please contact us with any questions)
The Goose Green School Wish List
Meetings are held regularly —a couple of times each term, and sub-committees for specific projects and events meet as appropriate. We try to make these happen at different times so that everyone can hopefully make it to some. They are informal and friendly, so please come along and get involved
Please email: email@example.com
We are a charity run by volunteers who are parents or carers of the children who attend Goose Green Primary School.
We have five elected members of committee: