Vision and Strategy
Goose Green is part of the Communitas Education Trust. We share a similar set of values with the Trust and it supports us to deliver our vision and mission for the school in accordance with those values.
Children will leave Goose Green having achieved their full potential as independent, resilient and curious learners who are ready for the next stage in their learning journey. This is embodied in our motto: Life, Learning and Laughter.
Our mission is to:
- Provide a rich and engaging environment which encourages curiosity, creativity, fun, awe and wonder
- Support children to learn and to challenge themselves every day, to be purposeful in what they do and to become independent learners
- Enable children to achieve their best
- Build relationships within the school, locally, nationally and internationally
- Be inclusive. Everyone is welcome at Goose Green, but everyone must try their very best
- We are ambitious for ourselves and one another
Our vision is realised through our values, which are:
- Equity – we value ourselves and we respect others, we want everyone to succeed
- Kindness – we understand that treating each other well brings out the best in all of us
- Pride – in our identity as individuals and our collective identity as a school community
- Aspiration – we always try our best because we want to do well
- Trust – we know that we all have a part to play in the life of the school. We all do what is our responsibility, trusting and believing that others will do theirs. We know that this builds good relationships
- Positivity – having a ‘can do’ attitude transforms the ways that we approach our work and our learning
For more details please read our Strategic Plan and School Development Plan.